By Oluwafemi Dosu
The All Nigeria Conference of Evangelical Drama Ministers, ANCEDRAM is an association that brings together all drama ministers in Nigeria.
In an exclusive interview with Gospel Film News, the national Publicity Director of the association, Finest Uwaoma disclosed some key reasons any drama evangelist should know in order to join or remain in the association.
“1. Training and retraining of drama ministers which we do free of cost. From groups to national level, we have achieved alot by training drama ministers. Telling them what to do and how to do it.
2. You have the chances of meeting other drama ministers who will assist you achieve your project at little or no cost. There is so much scam in film industry but through ANCEDRAM, you meet people who can help your project come to reality even to the stage of marketing. There are big gospel film makers you only dream of working with, we create the platform for you to have them at ease.
3. A house divided against itself can’t stand. The product of our coming together can be seen in ‘Esin ajoji’ movie. If our individual aim is to populate heaven , if we come together we can fasten it.
4. Through ANCEDRAM, many have learnt skills that is sustaining their families. Camera men, writers, directors etc. With this we help to curb youth restiveness.
5. As a wing, in the church / ministries, we have raised fresh drama group in churches and ministries where there was non just because some members of such ministries identified with us.
6. Finally, I wish to say that government understands the need for sanity that’s why it tried to create different guilds. From AGN to DGN etc. May I make it clear that government of the federal republic of Nigeria recognizes ANCEDRAM as an association of drama ministers that is why NFVCB permits ANCEDRAM to be a marketer to any drama group who registers with ANCEDRAM and wishes to censor her movie. So you don’t need to run around looking for marketers who will give unimaginable condition before they tale your movie to censors board. I believe these are just tips on what we are doing and can do more by the grace of God.”