By Oluwafemi Dosu
Gospel Film Makers on Friday 10th June, 2022 has reached solid consensus on modus operandi of the christian film sector.
This agreement was reached at an interactive session during the 2022 edition of the Gospel Film Festival, Gofestival in Ibadan, Gospel Film News reports.
Part of the agreements reached are as follows:
1. Filmmakers should Empower themselves in various way that will add values.
2. Appreciate the effort of Mr. Oris Daniel in trying to put christian film maker on their toes by criticizing their films.
3. Advise filmmakers to listen to health criticism no matter how bitter it may be.
4. Be careful of praise singers that are disguising as film critic or reviewer. They are better known as dangerous poison that will kill their creativity slowly, if care is not taken.
5. Rehearsals is important but should not be boxed to physical rehearsal only.
6. Engagement of Assistant Directors who will help in set coordinations and rehearsals is important as capacity increases.
7. It was as well agreed that filmmakers should reward productivity of cast and crew.
8. If your cast is weak, start rehearsals early so as to meet up.
9. Script is a reflection of the writer’s exposure. You can not write what you have not dreamt off, read about or see.
10. To get a broader story, a writer with a broad mind set will deliver.
Some of the filmmakers at the festival includes Gofestival Director, Olaitan Faranpojo; Mount Zion Faith Ministries Vice President, Joseph Yemi Adepoju; director and actor, Damilola Mike-Bamiloye; cinematographer, Kunle Adepoju; actors like Afolabi Dipeolu, Paul-Esupofo Oriade, Abiodun Morakinyo, Idowu Oluwaferanmi, Seyi Pedro-Adetola, Tunde Owah, Tosin Awoleke, Becky Olorunpomi, Faranpojo Afolakemi, amongst others.
Photo Credit; Dare Fayemi