TUESDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 2019
DRAMA MINISTERS YEAR OF OVERFLOWING EXPANSIONS
“HONEY IN THE ROARING LION”
5. So Samson went down to Timnah with his father and mother, and came to the vineyards of Timnah. Now to his surprise, a young lion came roaring against him.
6. And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat, though he had nothing in his hand. But he did not tell his father or his mother what he had done.
7. Then he went down and talked with the woman; and she pleased Samson well.
8. After some time, when he returned to get her, he turned aside to see the carcass of the lion. And behold, a swarm of bees and honey were in the carcass of the lion.
9. He took some of it in his hands and went along, eating. When he came to his father and mother, he gave some to them, and they also ate. But he did not tell them that he had taken the honey out of the carcass of the lion.
When in Romans 8:28, the Bible says “…all things works together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose”, it definitely included the sudden roaring of a lion against a child of God. When David was tendering his father’s sheep in the jungles and a lion came against him and he stood between the lion and his father’s sheep, it never occurred to him that one day, that will be his major credential before King Saul to be allowed to face Goliath.
He never knew that facing the lion and the bear in the jungle was all the preparation of faith he needed for a greater challenge that would lift him up before the army of Israel. He never knew that the lion and the bear he faced alone while no one was watching would result to a Goliath he would face while two nations would watch.
1 Samuel 17:34-36
34. But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep his father’s sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock,
35. I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it.
36. Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God.”
If he had ran away from the lion and the bear while no one was watching, he would have never stood before Goliath while two nations were ready to watch him. Therefore, there is always a comb of honey inside a lion that roars against a child of God. But the lion would never produce the honey while alive but after becoming a carcass.
Do you know that Samson would never have been able to kill the lion if the Spirit of the Lord had not descended upon him at the roaring of the lion? That means, at every roaring of the lion against you as a child of God, THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WOULD BE AROUND TO HELP and that was why David spoke out at Goliath that:
1 Samuel 17:45
…..“You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
David also could not have been able to defeat the giant without the help of the Spirit of the name of the Lord of host, the God of the armies of Israel.
This simply means, wherever and whenever a lion roars against the child of God, the Spirit of the Lord is always around and available to do the fight, if the child of God confront the lion by faith in the Living God of Israel and does not retreat or bow or compromise out of fear.
Samson faced the lion while alone and the spirit of the Lord helped him. David faced the lion and the bear in the jungles alone and the Spirit of the Lord helped him. Samson ate of the honey that came out of the carcass of the lion and gave some to his father and mother – His parents ate of the honey which came out of the dead lion.
David became captain over the army after killing the giant that roared against him and the women of Jerusalem sang a song of victory for him and he never went back into the jungles to tend the sheep the anymore but became a captain over he army. SURELY, THERE IS HONEY INSIDE A DEAD LION…THERE IS PROMOTION OVER A SLAIN GIANT.
What lion is roaring against you in your marriage and home? WHAT lion has been roaring against you all these years in your business and your careers ? What Giant is blaspheming your God in your office or your place of work or on your campus? Some lecturers have turned themselves into a lion that roars against some christian sisters, desiring and demanding to subdue them at all cost and many of such young ladies have allowed themselves to be ravaged and subdued by them on immoral beds. They compromised and lose the honey that would have fed them and their parents and multitudes. God is still merciful.
Some children of God have bowed to the lions and giants in their office and compromised instead of fighting back and slaying the lions and the giants. In allowing the lions to subdue you, you lose the honey. And you have no honey to give your parents and your people. There is no gain but many things to lose in turning away from the lion and refusing to kill this Goliath. When you compromise in secret while no one is watching, you will not be able to stand in the open when nations would watch.
Every roaring of lions against you in your office, your place of work, in your family, from your relations, from your boss, on the campus, on the mission field, is an indication that there is the Power of God around to fight for you if you don’t fear and there is HONEY IN THE ROARING LION FOR YOU, if you confront it by faith.
May I receive all the strength I need to slay the giants and the lions that come my ways.
May I not run away from the lions that harbor my honey.
And may I not turn my back to the giants that stand between me and my promotions.
. – MIKE BAMILOYE